Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat kibbles are recommended if your cat suffers from:
- Skin issues associated with hypersensitivity and inflammatory skin disorders (atopia, flea allergy dermatitis, etc.)
- Skin and coat conditions that respond to an increase on Omega 3, vitamins and minerals
- Other conditions that respond to increasing Omega 3 levels (cancer cachexia, neoplasia, nephropathy, immunity and/or inflammatory issues such as colitis)
Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat food - Key benefits
- Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat kibbles have elevated levels of EPA and DHA, two Omega 3 fatty acids present in fish oil. These fatty acids intervene in an immune response, by directing the synthesis of eicosanoids towards less inflammatory components. They can also relieve cutaneous inflammatory reactions, which makes Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat kibbles a food particularly suited to atopic cats. EPA also helps to effectively reduce the deterioration of cartilage deep within joints.
- Contains elevated levels of GLA, an Omega 6 fatty acid present in borage oil. Studies have shown that increasing GLA intake reduces clinical symptoms of osteoarthritis in cats. This cat food can therefore help reduce pain in cats suffering from osteoarthritis. Just like EPA and DHA, GLA reacts at the immune response level by affecting the production of eicosanoids, and also helps reduce cutaneous inflammatory reactions.
- The metabolic function of skin requires elevated amounts of certain nutrients. Contains increased levels of vitamins A, E, B complex vitamins, zinc and selenium improve skin and coat health.
- Because Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat food is particularly palatable, it is very easy to supplement your cat's diet with essential fatty acids by feeding them this food.
Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat kibbles - Ingredients
Wheat, maize protein, eggs, fish meal, fish oil, rice, maize, potato protein, animal fats, powdered cellulose, minerals, hydrolysed yeast protein, methionine, vitamins and essential elements, psyllium husk and seeds, borage oil, taurine, sunflower oil. Antioxygen: BHA, BHT, ascorbyle palmitate, propyl gallate. Contains no artificial colours or flavours.
Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat kibbles - Feeding guide
See Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat kibble illustrations.
Daily energy needs can vary based on several factors (breed, environment, season, level of physical activity, etc.) We therefore recommend carefully checking your cat's physical state and adapting the amounts as required.
The centre column, which is darkest, corresponds to the amount of Specific FOD Skin Function Support cat food to feed your cat if its weight is ideal. For overweight cats, refer to the column on the right, and for underweight cats, refer to the column on the left.