Key benefits - Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD:
- Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD has low amounts of phosphorus, helping to prevent hyperphosphatemia and slow down the progression of kidney disease.
- Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD is rich in fish oil and has very high amounts of EPA and DHA. These two Omega-3 fatty acids help to slow the progression of the kidney disease. EPA is also useful for cats suffering from cardiac disease because it reduces cachexia, hypertension and platelet aggregation.
- The low amounts of proteins in Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD combined with its high biological value reduce uremia in cats with kidney insufficiency. In cats with hepatic insufficiency, it reduces the risks of hyperammonemia and hepatic encephalopathy. These proteins with high biological value provide the cat with essential amino acids that are needed for the metabolism.
- In case of congestive heart failure, the drop of cardiac flow results in fluid retention that is responsible for a reduction of sodium excretion. The low quantity of sodium in Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD helps to interrupt this vicious cycle and is very important for cats with kidney or heart or hepatic diseases.
- With its reduced protein content, Specific Chat Kidney Support FKD limits the urinary concentration of calcium oxalate, cystine or urate crystals. Combined with an alkaline urinary pH, this restriction will prevent the precipitation of cystine, urate or calcium oxalate crystals. The formation of calcium oxalate crystals is also limited by the potassium citrate in the food.
Ingredients - Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD:
Wheat, maize proteins, animal fat, maize, fish oil, rice, eggs, fish meal, powdered cellulose, potato proteins, minerals, lyophilized buttermilk, dried chicken and turkey proteins, vitamins and essential elements, Plantago Psyllium seed coat, taurine, sunflower oil, lysine, L-carnitine, antioxidants: BHA, propyl gallate, ascorbyle palmitate.
Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD contains no artificial colouring or flavour.
Feeding guide - Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD:
See the guide in the illustrations on Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD.
Daily individual energy needs can vary depending on several factors (breed, environment, season, physical activity, etc.). Therefore, it is recommended that your regularly monitor your cat's body condition and weight so that you can adjust your cat’s ration of Specific Chat Kidney Support FKD if necessary.
The middle column represents the amount of Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD to feed a cat with a normal weight. For overweight cats, refer to the column on the right, and for thinner cats, refer to the column on the left.
Contraindications - Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD:
Do not feed to cats that:
- Are growing, pregnant or lactating.
- Suffer from cholestasis: food with reduced amounts of lipids and moderate amounts of proteins (such as SPECIFIC FRD/FRW Weight Reduction or SPECIFIC FXD Adult) is more suitable.
- Suffer from struvite urinary stones.
WARNING: Do not feed your cat Specific Cat Kidney Support FKD without a veterinary prescription.