Is your indoor cat bored? Showing signs of being anxious or bored?
Help your cat discover the benefits of being outside with Pipolino-M, a game and kibble dispenser that will encourage your cat to look for its food, thereby satisfying your cat's natural predatory instinct, that of hunting for and looking for its meals.
- 1 Pipolino-M multi-coloured catfood dispenser -
Warning: Last items in stock!
A cat that is allowed outside spends a large portion of its time hunting, thereby satisfying one of its natural instincts, that of looking for food.
If you have an indoor cat, it is important to compensate for this lack by "enriching" its environment with games that stimulate the different stages of a hunt: being on high alert, hunting, and savouring the results of the hunt...
The Pipolino toy is the ideal toy to enrich your cat's environment. With Pipolino-M, your cat will be able to get physical and mental stimulation while searching for food. Your cat will quickly understand that in order to satisfy its hunger, it has to roll its Pipolino along the ground to get food.
Introducing the toy to your cat:
For your cat to be interested in using Pipolino, it has to be hungry. Therefore, when your cat is first being introduced to the toy, do not give your cat any other meals or treats (remove your cat's food dish).
1) Set the flow to maximum: if necessary, start by loosening the locking screw and position the Pipolino to 12 openings, (by holding one end of the PIPOLINO®-M in one hand and turning the other end with the other hand) in order to motivate your cat and get it to understand how PIPOLINO®-M works.
2) Gently retighten.
3) Open the Pipolino-M cap (by gently turning the screw counter-clockwise, then by pulling out the cap), fill the PIPOLINO-M half full with your cat's regular kibbles.
4) Put the cap back in place by turning it clockwise until it locks into place.
5) Then place the PIPOLINO-M on the ground, near the place where you usually keep your cat's kibble dish, with one end against a wall, the other end a few centimeters from a wall.
6) Place a few kibbles between the PIPOLINO-M and the wall.
7) Leave your cat alone as long as possible, giving it the opportunity to access the PIPOLINO-M. You have to wait until your cat goes to the kibbles of its own accord and moves the PIPOLINO-M.
Note: You must never roll the PIPOLINO-M in front of your cat to get it to play with it, and do not shake the PIPOLINO-M in front of your cat.
A certain adjustment period is sometimes necessary (approximately 48 hours): be patient, never admonish your cat, and do not force it on your cat if it doesn't work right away;
Instead, leave your cat alone as much as possible, and have confidence in your cat's ability to adapt: the biggest improvement to a cat's quality of life is achieved with the cats who have the biggest difficulties getting used to PIPOLINO-M!
If you are having difficulties:
During the adjustment phase, check to make sure that your cat is not without food for more than two days. To avoid this problem, place one quarter of your cat's daily portion of kibbles between the PIPOLINO-M and the wall, and check to make sure that your cat eats the kibbles.
If your cat is still not using the PIPOLINO-M, repeat these steps by gradually reducing the angle between the PIPOLINO-M and the wall, each time placing a smaller amount of kibbles between it and the wall.
Another tip: Temporarily store the PIPOLINO-M in the kibble bag, so that the scent of the food is absorbed by the toy, making it more tempting!
After the adjustment phase:
Once your cat is using the PIPOLINO-M, gradually adjust it to slow down the flow, so that your cats needs more time and needs to exert more effort before it feels full. During the adjustment phase, if there are still some uneaten kibbles on the ground, reduce the number of openings.
Once your cat had gotten used to the food dispenser, fill the PIPOLINO-M before it's emptied, preferably each evening, to avoid any anxiety created by the lack of food (unless there is an absence of several days: maximum 4 days for 1 cat).
Note: if the quiet sound of the PIPOLINO-M rolling around disrupts your sleep, place it out of your cat's reach overnight - this will not be harmful to your cat.
Always ensure your cat has clean drinking water readily available.
Never place the PIPOLINO-M on furniture: your cat could look for it and damage it when it rolls off the furniture and hits the floor :-(
If you have several cats, proceed as above. When there is a group of cats, the other cats will learn by imitating the first cat to understand how it works.
If you introduce a new cat, your new cat will learn how to use the dispenser by imitating the other cats, and you won't have to introduce it as a new toy.
Note: A maximum of 5 cats per PIPOLINO-M.
1. Rubber tread band made of food-grade rubber
2. Locking screw to adjust flow
3. Reference point
4. Adjustment lines
5. External openings
6. Lockable cap